You’ve got a lot to do to get ready for your summer party. Though this cool spring weather may not have you in the mood for discussing outdoor entertainment, now is the right time to efficiently check those details off the party planning list. Don’t delay; whether you are trying to reserve a teen tent for your younger festival goers, a drive-in movie for families attending your Fireman’s picnic or a DJ for your wedding, booking your DJ now ensures that you have quality entertainment confirmed now so you don’t have to worry about it later.
So what do you need to do to book a quality DJ? Know the signs of a good DJ, and what details you need to have secured (or at least a general ideas) before you call the DJ:
- Date. This summer party detail should be a bit obvious. A DJ cannot tell you if they are available unless you have some idea about the date (or possible dates) of the event.
- Location. If you only have the date and location, be sure to call the DJ and get on their calendar. The best DJ’s calendars fill up quickly.
- Event timeline. What time is the dinner or lunch? Will you need background music or announcements at your summer party? When will the dance start? These are all details that need to be set in advance.
- Requests. If you have requests for songs or have asked your guests for requests on the invitation, send or discuss the list with your DJ in advance to ensure that your songs are played.
- Event formality. Want your DJ to dress appropriately? Discuss it with them before the event.
Another tip: if planning an outdoor summer party or festival, contact your local municipality for information about laws concerning curfews and volume. You don’t want neighbors complaining and tickets to put a damper on your summer party. What you do want is a quality entertainment; contact a good DJ to get your summer party finalized so you don’t have to worry about this important party detail later.
We know what you’re thinking: guys, it does not look like summer outside. We know it doesn’t look like summer in Wisconsin, Illinois or anywhere else in the upper Midwest, but now is the time to book for events and festivals that are set to take place when it’s just, well, a little bit warmer. Now is the time to book DJ’s, jump houses, dance tents and movies. Yes, that’s right movies. Just picture it: warmer temperatures, a nice summer night and all your customers or festival goers gathered around a movie screen at any one of these events:
- Baseball diamond. Host a movie after or before a game as an extra incentive for your fans, a great way to end a softball tournament, a way to generate revenue with a movie in the parking lot or as a draw to your festival.
- Summer festival or Fireman’s Picnic. Hosting a street or community summer festival? Preparing for your annual Fireman’s Picnic? Draw families down with a movie in the park, end your summer festival with an outdoor movie so you can sell out your concession stand or host a movie at the pool in your park. Advertise a dinner and movie in the park for a fundraiser at your Fireman’s Picnic. The sky’s the limit for ways that you can use and market your outdoor movie.
- Parking lot drive-in movie. Want a way to say “thank you” to patrons of your restaurant or ice cream stand? Looking for a way to draw families in for late night business? Host a drive-in movie in your parking lot, and make sure you serve refreshments. Or make your drive-in movie a regular event, with regular revenue coming in.
- Waterpark or pool. Host the ultimate pool party at your pool. Keep everyone in the shallow end, and open up the refreshment stand so people can enjoy treats on the pool deck.
Our outdoor movie screen books fast for events across Wisconsin and Illinois, so contact us early. We can provide the movie screen, party favors—whatever you need to make that warm (think warm!), summer outdoor movie a success.