June is the most popular wedding month (as you can tell from looking at our calendar), and also a great time to answer any questions you might have about finding the right wedding DJ for your wedding day. Whether you’re planning an outdoor wedding, a destination wedding on a lake or a more traditional wedding at a local reception hall, a DJ can give your wedding celebration the ending that caps off your special day. They can also give you a master of ceremony at your reception, light dinner music, lighting, ceremony music and anything else your wedding needs. So how do you choose the right wedding DJ for your big day? Start by asking us the right questions so you can make an educated decision and choose the right wedding DJ (plus we’ve also included other common questions that brides-to-be and grooms-to-be have asked about our wedding DJ services):
What questions should I ask the DJ at our initial meeting?
- “What is your pricing?” “How much of a deposit is required and when will the balance be due?”
- “What do you offer as part of that price?”
- “Do you offer lighting?”
- “Can you do….” (Ask this question if you have a really special request)
- “Will you travel to our reception location without a travel charge?” (This is a common question you should ask if planning a destination wedding.)
- “Can you provide us with any references?”
- “Do you carry Insurance and can you provide proof of insurance?”
- “When do we meet with you to discuss details of the wedding?” (If you use our services, you will meet with me (Charlie) personally once or twice during the early planning stages, and then again at least once or twice about a month before your wedding date.)
- “Do you have back up DJ’s and equipment available?”
- “Is dinner music included in our package?”
- “Will the DJ’s be in formal attire?”
- “Will one of the DJ’s act as Master of Ceremonies (MC)?”
- “How many years wedding experience do you have?”
- “How do we contact you?”
When should I make special requests?
If your special request for your wedding is unique, ask the question as soon as possible. For more common questions, such as songs for dances, names and other information, give the information to your DJ when they ask in planning meetings or via email.
How soon should I book my wedding DJ?
The simple answer to this common wedding dj question is: as soon as possible. Some couples book a DJ more than a year before their wedding, so make sure you get on their calendar as soon as you have your wedding date set and are ready to make the initial payment to reserve the date.
What other ‘extras’ come with a wedding DJ?
You name it, we can probably do it. A wedding DJ can offer lighting, projector screens, audiovisual equipment, light up dance floors, inflatable screens, party decorations…you get the idea. We can even provide a bounce house for your outdoor wedding. If you have an idea of a party extra that you want, or need inspiration, ask your dj via email or Facebook what they recommend to make your wedding reception a night to remember.
How much does a wedding DJ cost?
Contact us, and give us the details of your wedding reception. We can give you an estimate of the cost of our wedding DJ services. Be sure to mention any lighting or audiovisual needs you might have (such as if your wedding is being held outdoors) so we can give you an accurate quote.
Did we answer your question about a wedding DJ? If not, send us an email or ask us on our Facebook page. We’ll be happy to answer your questions, and to make your wedding reception and first dance an awesome dance party that you’ll remember for years after your wedding day.