You’ve got a lot to do to get ready for your summer party. Though this cool spring weather may not have you in the mood for discussing outdoor entertainment, now is the right time to efficiently check those details off the party planning list. Don’t delay; whether you are trying to reserve a teen tent for your younger festival goers, a drive-in movie for families attending your Fireman’s picnic or a DJ for your wedding, booking your DJ now ensures that you have quality entertainment confirmed now so you don’t have to worry about it later.
So what do you need to do to book a quality DJ? Know the signs of a good DJ, and what details you need to have secured (or at least a general ideas) before you call the DJ:
- Date. This summer party detail should be a bit obvious. A DJ cannot tell you if they are available unless you have some idea about the date (or possible dates) of the event.
- Location. If you only have the date and location, be sure to call the DJ and get on their calendar. The best DJ’s calendars fill up quickly.
- Event timeline. What time is the dinner or lunch? Will you need background music or announcements at your summer party? When will the dance start? These are all details that need to be set in advance.
- Requests. If you have requests for songs or have asked your guests for requests on the invitation, send or discuss the list with your DJ in advance to ensure that your songs are played.
- Event formality. Want your DJ to dress appropriately? Discuss it with them before the event.
Another tip: if planning an outdoor summer party or festival, contact your local municipality for information about laws concerning curfews and volume. You don’t want neighbors complaining and tickets to put a damper on your summer party. What you do want is a quality entertainment; contact a good DJ to get your summer party finalized so you don’t have to worry about this important party detail later.